All dogs over the age of six months must be licensed.
No license may be issued unless a valid rabies certificate, signed by a licensed veterinarian, including the date of the vaccination and duration of immunity, is presented to the Town Clerk. If the dog has been spayed or neutered, written proof must also be presented at the time of licensing.
Licenses expire June 30th and new licenses must be obtained on or before that date.
A penalty of $1 per month is imposed by Connecticut General Statutes for late registration.
Dog license fees
- Neutered Male/Spayed Female $8.00
- Male/Female $19.00
- Late Licensing Penalty $1.00 per month, per dog
- Lost Tag $0.50 for new license
- Transfer of Ownership $1.00 for new license if already issued
- Change of residence (Town) $0.50 for new license if already issued
- Kennel Licenses $51.00 per 10 dogs / $102.00 per 20 dogs
Dog License Application